Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wildlife

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26550

Dear Residents,

We are an Indian family with young kids considering relocating to the Morrisville / Cary area. After some online research, we found there is a lot of wildlife in these areas. With having small kids this is a major concern for us.

Please advise if rodents, snakes, bats raccoons etc or anything else have been frequented your homes either inside and / or outside the property.

Also, we see there are leash laws in effect for cats and dogs - are residents respectful of this or do they allow their pets to run around on the streets / in the neighborhoods?

We would really appreciate some feedback on this help make a decision on moving. Everything else about the Triangle is very appealing. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26552

I don't know what state you reside in currently but wild life is pretty common all over the US.
I have lived in 8 states so far and have encountered whild life every where.
I like the triangle the best of all. It is one of the souths best kept secreats that more and more desi folks are figuring out and
moving to RTP.
In my last 5 years in RTP I have
1. Seen a lot of deers, very pretty
2. Rarely you may see a snake, I have only heard not seen yet
3. I have always seen dog owners leash thir pets, but you can never gauntie that in any of the 50 states.
4. I can't think of any other whild life that I have seen.

Come April and you will see huge number of people get their bonuses quit their job in North east, California or elsewhere and move to RTP, I am already seeing a surge In NJ number plates and it's not even April yet!!!!

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26553

Plenty of snakes, deer, etc. around but don't worry. They are outnumbered by humans including loads of kids.

Some put their pets on leash, some don't. If you are that worried you should head to Antarctica or someplace similar.

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26556

dumberdesi your replies as always make me laugh, they are a little mean most of the times

Let's be kind and helpful to NGR at the least, no one post questions to hear satire or mean humor, the expectation is to get help, we can do the least by being patient, understand and helping.

No one knows everything, we were all in the same boat at some point

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26559

You are right but I don't get some of these posts. But let me help the poster: It isn't exactly the jungle here but coyotes and bears do live in these parts. If you want to avoid wild animals in the USA, a Manhattan high rise might be the best bet.

Wildlife 9 years 1 month ago #26560

NRG wrote: Dear Residents,

Please advise if rodents, snakes, bats raccoons etc or anything else have been frequented your homes either inside and / or outside the property.

We would really appreciate some feedback on this help make a decision on moving. Everything else about the Triangle is very appealing. Thank you.

You will get to see many animals, snakes, birds, insects around. Snakes not often but there are chances. Read this past message about snakes in Cary . No need to fear but you need to be careful. I will write more about my experience of snake to be specific, Black Racer but you should not get scared. There is very pleasant side to this wild life...you will enjoy when they live around you...of course not all of them.

This green American frog is living around my home since last 4 years.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds