Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rear garage homes (Bay garage/Alley garage) in RTP

Rear garage homes (Bay garage/Alley garage) in RTP 9 years 6 months ago #25734

• hasyadarbar
  • hasyadarbar's Avatar Topic Author
Recently builders started introducing single family home floor plan with rear garage(alley garage). Kitts Creek and M I Homes @ Evans Farm has rear garage. I saw only front side garage homes till date.

When i asked builder why they introduce this concept .. they told me its township decision.. But, I don't really agree with their answer..

Can anybody help me to understand advantage/disadvantage of these kind of homes ?

Thanks in advnace for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rear garage homes (Bay garage/Alley garage) in RTP 9 years 6 months ago #25740

You can sneak out the back if you have unwelcome visitors.

Rear garage homes (Bay garage/Alley garage) in RTP 9 years 6 months ago #25762

The whole 'rear garage' concept came up due to shortage of land and the need to accommodate as many homes as possible within a given subdivision. The first few were in the custom section of Amberly and the original Kitts Creek by Experience custom homes. Of course, the concept has caught on (buyers have accepted it) and now more and more builders are doing it, the latest being Cotten Place in Morrisville and one section of the Villages at Evans farm in Cary.

The disadvantage may be lack/small size of back yards which may be an advantage to people who don't have time to do all that yard work!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds