Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again??

Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22712

• rtpsane
  • rtpsane's Avatar Topic Author
Heard major RTP area employer just laid off 500 employees and also heard 3 major tech companies are also in process of laying off some more workforce. Not sure how true this news is, but certainly not good for economy around this area.

Ref
www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/12/4101430/layoffs-reported-at-ibm-according.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22717

Yes, I also heard fidel. is also in process of reducing few jobs in RTP area

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22720

Even IBM to be included in the list of layoffs :(

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22730

Yes, IBM numbers are more than few hundreds and NAPP and Fidel IT are moving few hundred jobs out of RTP. Hope this is not in sync with stock market crash coming up :sick: :sick:

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22733

Some companies may be laying off people. However, there are several more companies that are hiring. I attend .NET user group meeting and Java user group meeting. There will be several openings announced in that meeting and very few candidates are available. The common thing that I hear from the hiring managers is it is hard to find good candidates. There are several jobs are available in the market. I work for Deutsche Bank in Cary and there are several positions open. You can check the available openings on db.com. If you are interested in any of them then contact me.

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22754

• rtpsane
Choose a blog
NetApp has received nearly $7.9m in state incentives since 2006
Submitted by dbracken on 05/24/2013 - 13:54
Tags: .biz | layoffs | NetApp | state incentives

NetApp, which announced earlier this week it is laying off an undisclosed number of employees in Research Triangle Park, has received nearly $7.9 million in state incentives since 2006.

Read more here: blogs.newsobserver.com/category/tags/layoffs#storylink=cpy

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22761

Layoffs follow contract loss at HP unit
Jun. 18, 2013 @ 06:40 PM

BY LAURA OLENIACZ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; 919-419-6636

The layoff of 147 employees from a Hewlett Packard Co. business in Wake County follows the termination of a contract between the company and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services for management of a Medicaid claims system.

www.heraldsun.com/business/localandstate/x1463429267/Layoffs-follow-contract-loss-at-HP-unit

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22778

• rtpsane
Updated May. 15, 2013 at 8:01 a.m.
Premium Lock Quintiles made plans to cut 400 jobs as it geared up for IPO
Post a comment
Print this blog postE-mail blog post
More Sharing ServicesShare Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on myspace Share on digg Share on delicious Share on google
Quintiles Quintiles

By RICK SMITH, WRALTechWire Editor
Tags: Biotech & Life Science, Layoffs, Quintiles

Durham, N.C. — With its stock trading at a new high on Tuesday, Quintiles disclosed before the markets opened in a regulatory filing that it set aside $15 million to cover the costs of "restructuring" 400 workers

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 10 years 9 months ago #22779

• rtpsane
Lenovo acknowledges layoffs in Morrisville as part of shift to 'PC Plus' strategy

By RICK SMITH, WRALTechWire Editor
Tags: Employment, Layoffs, Lenovo, PC industry

Morrisville, N.C. — "Some" job cuts are made in staff at the executive headquarters of the world's No. 2 PC maker as it continues to transition to a more diversified lineup of products, a corporate spokesperson says

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 9 years 7 months ago #25489

Hi Satish, I am Java developer(8+ exp) at Virginia. Recently got an offer from DBGT at Cary. Can you please share some insight about this center, it's various divisions and work culture? Which are the best divisions from Java/J2EE and latest technologies(big data/cloud) perspective? There are many recent reviews on glassdoor which are not very encouraging - www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Deutsche-Bank-Cary-Reviews-EI_IE3150.0,13_IL.14,18_IC1138945.htm . Thanks

Re: Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 9 years 7 months ago #25521

Hi Can i have your contact number? I am looking for .net positions in Raleigh area. Just looking for few suggestions from you.

Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 9 years 7 months ago #25574

Hi Sathish, I have also recently got offer from DB at Cary. I am java developer(8+).Can you please share about this center and the work environment. Little worried about the reviews on glassdoor.

Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 9 years 7 months ago #25576

Guys,

Metlife is hiring like anything. they need to meet 1200+ target. There are lots of java and .net positions open on metlife careers website. If anyone need referral then do let me know or if you have any friend then they may help u. If not then feel free to contact me. Best of luck

Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 9 years 7 months ago #25577

I have been working in Deutsche Bank in Cary since its inception. I love the work environment and the co-workers. Feel free to call me if you have specific questions (342 5337)

Are Layoffs Coming Back, Again?? 8 years 9 months ago #27049

Hi Satish, I am a Senior Java Developer, living in NJ, thinking about joining with DGBT ,cary. trying to find info on this job, but couldn't find much info on Glassdoor except some bad reviews. Can I call you? if yes, please let me know your full number. thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds