Everything about apartments where Desis live
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buying agricultural land in India

Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11224

• Indian
  • Indian's Avatar Topic Author
Is it possible to register an agricultural land on my name in India if I am in US without giving any power of attorney. I have signed and given thumb impression in one document. Is is possible with that single doc. Please suggest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11226

• bola
  • bola's Avatar Topic Author
Indian wrote:

Is it possible to register an agricultural land on my name in India if I am in US without giving any power of attorney. I have signed and given thumb impression in one document. Is is possible with that single doc. Please suggest.

I dont think you can buy a land in your name if you are a US citizen.
what do you mean that you have signed and given thumb impression on one document.Is it on plain document?

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11236

• Ap
  • Ap's Avatar Topic Author
To buy an agricultural land, you've got to be a farmer.. If you are not a registered farmer, then you cannot buy.. This is what I've heard. I aint 100% sure on this, but someone else con confirm!!

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11246

• Indian
That document is "Photos and Fingerprints as per Indian Registration and Stamps Act 32A of 1908". this is a simple document which has signature of witnesses and Signature and thumb impression of buyer. I am not US citizen. I came to US last year on work visa. Is it possible to register the land on my name with document. Please advise. Even though it is agricultural land, we need not be farmers because in India everyone has some land.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11252

• Ap
Please look at the below mentioned links.. It seems that an NRI cannot buy an agricultural land in India.

www.agricultureinformation.com/forums/sale/16998-can-i-buy-farm-agri-land-india.html

www.agricultureinformation.com/forums/sale/16998-can-i-buy-farm-agri-land-india.html

Cheers.
Ap

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11253

• Indian
Thanku for the information. But what about that document which I have provided. Is it possible to buy with that document. And as the link says that NRI cannot buy agricultural land, can we buy plots or house from here. i.e we staying at America and buying a house in India without giving power of attorney.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11254

• Ap
Check this out n...

www.rediff.com/money/2006/aug/21land.htm

I actually intended to give you this link as well, however there was a rookie Ctrl C + Ctrl V mistake :D... This happens to me all the time.. All the best.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11255

• Ap
Ap wrote:

Check this out n...

www.rediff.com/money/2006/aug/21land.htm

I actually intended to give you this link as well, however there was a rookie Ctrl C + Ctrl V mistake :D... This happens to me all the time.. All the best.

I did not read ur earlier message properly. If you are not an NRI, i.e. you are in US just on a work visa, then no one can stop you from buying a land. I am not sure what exactly the procedure is, but u can get hold of any good consultants who can help you out..

just an FYI.. next time you visit India, give power of attorney to someone from your family and the power of attorney should specify that they can purchase any movable or immovable property in your name.

The rates are going sky high.. purchase something before the rates get too high ;)

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11256

• Indian
But the thing is now we have signed on the document which I have given and sent it through email i.e scanned one. My question is whether the land can me registered on my name with that scanned document or not. They are my friends. But not sure weather the land can be registerd on my name with a single paper. Is it that much simple to register a land without going India?

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11259

• ssss
  • ssss's Avatar Topic Author
hi..

It is possible to buy a property on your name from here.The document you send is enough to do the registration but it need to be original paper not scanned copy.you have to send your photo and passport copy(id proof) The process will be like this

You have to choose a person on behalf of you to register the land in registration office.They will consider the signed paper that u will send and they will take a signature from the person(person behalf of you) as a proof.it doesn't matter.

buying a property from here is possible but not selling

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11264

• Indian
They have scanned that original document and sent me through email. Then I have signed and given thumb impression on that and again scanned that and have sent it to them as a scanned document. Is it possible like this. Please suggest.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11267

• ssss
Signing on scanned copy is OK,but after signing you have to send that original copy(not scanned document)

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11271

• Yogendra Tiwari
  • Yogendra Tiwari's Avatar Topic Author
If you are in US on work Visa, then you have full right to buy land in India. But You need to go in person to the Registrar office or send some one else with POA. There is no other way. No scanned document/ or any signed letter will work.

You are required to put THUMB impression in the office of Registrar in his book, which does not move out of his office. Hope it clarifies.
<I have recently sold/ purchased land couple of time, so telling this from my experience>

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11273

• ssss
It is possible to buy a land.2 months back we completed the registration from here through my father.No POA required

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11274

• res
  • res's Avatar Topic Author
But we tried that and the lawyer is saying it is not possible.

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11297

• Pavan
  • Pavan's Avatar Topic Author
without power of attorney, you will not be able to register the land in india from here.. You will have to be present in the registrar office to sign the documents..They will verify your photo and other residential proof documents..

Re:Buying agricultural land in India 13 years 1 month ago #11298

• ssss
Hi everyone,

Recently the rules has been changed.we can do the registration to buy a land from here,it is not possible to sell the land.Its up to you,if you want to make use of that you can.We completed our registration couple months back.

Go to the registration office in any area..and enquire about registration..they will let you know the procedure.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds