Everything about apartments where Desis live
  • Page:

TOPIC: Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone?

Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10931

Hi all,

We are an Indian family of 4, hubby, me, 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son. We are considering moving to the triangle area(from Boston) in the next 1-2 months. Husband has got a job based in RTP. I have gone through the Apartment forum of this site which I found extremely useful, thanks to all the members who come in with inputs.
Based on my research I have shortlisted 2 apartment complexes :

1) Madison at Treybrooke Apts and Townhomes
201 Treybrooke Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560

2) Cornerstone Apartments
100 Terrastone Pl
Cary, NC 27519

My criteria for selection is good elementary schools and a dominant Indian community to build a social life for us.
If anyone has any strong opinions/inputs( pros or cons) about the above listed apartments can you please pitch in?

Thanks in advance,

Rashmi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10934

• Desi
Blindly go for cornerstone apartments.Lots of desis with good elementary school too.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10936

• gcretro
treybrook - I have stayed there. The staff/service is good but apartments are very old. Appliances very dated etc.

Whatever you do, never do to "The Waterford" opposite Treybrook on church street.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10938

@gcretro -I was considering treybrook because all reviews of it online say the apartments are impeccable and well maintained. The problem is we don't have the time to come down there and take a look at the condition and I have to rely on fellow AT members for reliable inputs. Thanks a lot for the comment on waterford- that was my next option!

@Desi -Cornerstone apmts has quite icky reviews online, the impression I got is that it is a very run-down, poorly maintained complex with bugs galore, please correct me if am wrong. The only reason I liked it is because it has access to a kids playground & Davis Drive.

Please feel free to suggest other apartment complexes in the Cary-Morrisville area.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10940

• Fave5
You might want to check pvt townhouse rentals in Upchurch Farm Lane or around Davis Dr schools. For pvt townhouse rentals, you might want to contact some RealEstate Agent.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 2 months ago #10980

We moved here a few months ago ourselves. The problem with Treybrooke is that Cedar Fork is capped. So, if you do not enroll on time, your child will end up at a school much further away.

We were also told about Cornerstone. We found those apartment are overpriced for what you get. Personally I found the area to be very busy, comparatively lot more traffic, I guess thanks to all the people who live and shop there.

We ran into Courtney Reserve in West Cary. It is not the heart of the Indian shopping area. Mills Park school is very good, lot of Indian in this area too.

We love this location and our daughter love the school. If you are interested in talking on phone or via email, let me know and we can connect.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11207

• Sanya
Hello maheshgajanan,
Are you in the Courtney reserve at Cary park ? From how long are you there ?
We lived from 20010 - 2011. I feel like mentioning it on the first page of newspapers to stay away from this apartment complex. When we first moved in we had a extremely high water bill. Management wouldn't help at all. Called up the utility company only to realise that they make an average of all the flats in the building and make a approximate bill. One of my friends had her electricity bill switched. Have you heard of anyone who had received their deposit back after leaving the apartment ? They have a standard $150 cleaning fee and then they charged me extra for unclean tub.... totaling it to $699.50. How can a cleaning company charge such a big amount, whom they have to use anyways after a tenant moves out. Their T&C's ate not very clear. Wish you luck specially after you hand over the notice. And keep in mind that even if you have a fixed contract with an expiry date you still have to give them a 60 days written notice - they try their best to charge you an extra month or two for not handing out the notice on time.
- Sanya.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11215

• Cornerstone
Hi,

We have moved here in Cornerstone , mainly for a good school for my daughter and though we pay comparatively high rent then the others but it is a good colony, lot of Indian, Nice and safe area. I don't regret my choice for moving here.

And Don't know anything about poorly maintained or BUgs....i have no such experience.

Regards

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11218

• Apun desi
apartment Management think we Desi are Dirty ? ?

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11219

• Fave5
Have not lived in CornerStone but some existing and ex-CS'ites have acknowledged there's a general grudge against "desis" for number of reasons - some of which:

1. using grocery-store plastic bags for garbage and throwing the bags in the dumpster - esp during summer due to the outside heat, the plastic nearly burns and creates a foul smell.

2. Too much "hulla-gulla" at the park till late hours.

3. Sense of dressing (wearing "nigh gowns" and roaming etc)

4. Someone filling bottles *regularly* from the exercise-room water cooler.

Don't flame me - just conveying what I have heard, not sure how much true either. Make your own judgements!

Apun desi wrote:

apartment Management think we Desi are Dirty ? ?

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11220

• Manoj
Fave5 wrote:

4. Someone filling bottles *regularly* from the exercise-room water cooler.

Genius!

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11221

• desi
Fave5 wrote:

1. using grocery-store plastic bags for garbage and throwing the bags in the dumpster - esp during summer due to the outside heat, the plastic nearly burns and creates a foul smell.

3. Sense of dressing (wearing "nigh gowns" and roaming etc)

fave5,

I agree with you on 1 and 3 you mentioned.I myself saw so many desis throwing the garbage in the grocery bags.Even some of my friends do this who live in big homes.

No3- about sense of dressing? this would be a non stop discussion, not just about gowns but also how hopeless they are even when they go to work,they are so badly dressed without pressed clothes, ugly hair.Sometimes feels like they just woke up from the bed.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11222

Then i guess nothing wrong with Cornerstone, the problem is with Desi, when we want to earn in Dollars, we should learn to spend some and live the way which is less irritant to others, Why allow people to tag us as nuisance.

When in Rome, do what Romans do....atleast here, don't spoil the name of Desi's and have some basic standard.

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11223

• Manoj
desi wrote:

I myself saw so many desis throwing the garbage in the grocery bags.Even some of my friends do this who live in big homes.

what's wrong with using grocery bags as trash liners? or for doggy duty? aren't the liners made of the same material as the grocery bags are? so, if thrown in the dumpster, how are grocery bags different from the liners?

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11225

• Apun desi
Its true 200% agree with Fave5 and Desi if you have camcorder then take video and send to American Funniest video on ABC7 channel. As a my experience I was work in big corporate company in NJ there is in IT Dept Lots of desi and maximum is special part (side) in India I seen those people never wear tie, professional dress, leather shoes always snicker and ladies wear sindoor and Indian dress those people never use fragrance, perfume, deodorant, or anything you feel stink small 10 feet away from person even they open mouth then ……………oh my god. Behaving same as in India. I share my experience.

Thank you and hope people change Indian mentality here .

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11227

• divya
Apun desi wrote:

Its true 200% agree with Fave5 and Desi if you have camcorder then take video and send to American Funniest video on ABC7 channel. As a my experience I was work in big corporate company in NJ there is in IT Dept Lots of desi and maximum is special part (side) in India I seen those people never wear tie, professional dress, leather shoes always snicker and ladies wear sindoor and Indian dress those people never use fragrance, perfume, deodorant, or anything you feel stink small 10 feet away from person even they open mouth then ……………oh my god. Behaving same as in India. I share my experience.

Thank you and hope people change Indian mentality here .

shame on you people.desi criticizing desi.First you learn to write proper english.You have written snicker for sneakers.
whats wrong in wearing Indian dress,sindoor?

Re:Madison Treybrooke or Cornerstone? 13 years 1 month ago #11228

• Apun desi
I am not criticizing desi.what I see that’s I Wright
If you working in warehouse and doing a labor job then nothing wrong wearing Indian dress, sindoor. people are there same category but if you are in professional field need to be appropriate & professional American way. :angry:

Women wearing sari in office is highly graceful. 13 years 1 month ago #11229

• DesiWoman
You are so wrong.Erase gulami mentality. It is perfectly graceful to wear sindhur and sari in any small or big company. You are yet to meet desi women who wear sari in office.They serve company at president level. Americans respect our style fir aap ko kyo itnee complex feel ho rahee hai? :angry:

Apun desi wrote:

I am not criticizing desi.what I see that’s I Wright
If you working in warehouse and doing a labor job then nothing wrong wearing Indian dress, sindoor. people are there same category but if you are in professional field need to be appropriate & professional American way. :angry:

Grocery bags for garbage - perfectly o.k. 13 years 1 month ago #11230

• DesiWoman
Manoj, Agree with you. Desi do it to save money but indirectly they honor recycling virtue.
Desi's go ahead and use grocery bags, make sure you use two layers of bag and properly secure garbage. I don't think anybody uses 100% grocery bags to throw garbage. Partial use is perfectly o.k. Go Green. :lol:

Manoj wrote:

desi wrote:

I myself saw so many desis throwing the garbage in the grocery bags.Even some of my friends do this who live in big homes.

what's wrong with using grocery bags as trash liners? or for doggy duty? aren't the liners made of the same material as the grocery bags are? so, if thrown in the dumpster, how are grocery bags different from the liners?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds