Please enter any website feedback here. Post what you like and dislike. Any suggestion to improve the website is welcome.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shame on India

Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5266

It was so distressing to watch the video of a cop being hacked to death and our ministers are sitting in their cars. Cowards.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videoshow/5424415.cms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5269

Very Sad indeed! Although, I don't know if you are following some of the recent news esp the Ruchika case wherein police chief SP Rathore was convicted after almost 19yrs, Sajjan Kumar's case has been re-opened after almost 25yrs (re 1984 anti sikh riots) - looks like the "aaam janta" is angered with the delay in the justice system and is demanding more.

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5272

Sanju, that is a very sad & tragic story. It proves that common man in the end is most powerful. Rathore will cool his heels in jail, he already lost his medal and is now set to be deprived of his pension. At 67, he must be having grand children. Imagine the poor girl whom he molested was just 14 and in the same class as his own daughter. Hats off to her friend who carried on with the fight from Australia.

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5274

• XYZ
Really this is very shame on India. So many corruptions are going on. When will India change?

When will we see the honesty and kindness in people.

Re:Shame on India Justice system 14 years 3 months ago #5275

• shree1205
In continuation with justice system of india,

My friend was raped and hacked to death by the driver of the car, she was travelleing takingher to work.It has been four years.everything is clear about the suspect. But four judges have been transferred over this case for 4 yrs.
She just has her mother. Husband is also a suspect.

But the justice system in india, is taking sweet own time( buy time by transfering judges) to put them behind bars.The husband and driver on bail.
It is soo sad this happens!

Re:Shame on India Justice system 14 years 3 months ago #5276

• A
It is shameful. This reminded me a blog (my first long message) that I posted long time in response to a question from Penn/Ashok. Here it is again - would you migrate to the USA again?

arealblogger.blogspot.com/

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5277

Of late, there have been some very positive rulings in the Indian Justice System and many big-wigs are shown the door. As much as the snail-pace is frustrating, personally, I am strongly hopeful of justice being served in India rather than in any neighboring countries.

Here's something (not verbatim) that Sam Pitroda wrote about India (remember he's one of the earliest architect from the Rajiv Gandhi regime & is responsible for the so-called IT boom in India).

When you compare India with the West, you don't see much progress (well at least till a decade back - might not be true in the 21st century) but when you compare India with the East, you'll realize how much progress India has made.

Re:Shame on India Justice system 14 years 3 months ago #5278

A,

You touched a chord here. No, it's not worth being in India. In the long run,it's old age (where ever you are) that is a difficult phase of life and I am sure that too will pass if the karma of life has been good. It's still ok here with ocassional episodes of nostalgia or feelings of being a refugee/asylum seeker. At least here in U.S. we can expect a minimum assured level of dignity which is sadly non-existent in India. It may seem out of context but the manner in which Indians are being targeted in Australia, makes me feel worried. Well that's a different subject.

Shree,
I am really pained to read about your friend that but not shocked because this is what defines the indian judicial system and bureaucracy.

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5281

Feeling very sad after watching this video

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5291

It is really shame on India. But somehow have a hope within, this will end soon.

Everything has an end!!! So is this kind of injustice. By now, the laws has to be changed. But, unfortunately Indian Constitution is not taking the initiative. Now, "Aam Janata" has to come forward to bring the changes they want to see.

"Jaago Re" is one of the socially conscious campaigns.
Others like "Lead India" too are working towards social consciousness.

We need to encourage such programs to see the change...

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5303

• A
Money talks in India more so in any other country...Aam Janta is poor and they can form organization but money can buy law, government and even media. A social movement like 'Bharat Chodo' can fix law and order situation.

A
ranjitha wrote:

It is really shame on India. But somehow have a hope within, this will end soon.

Everything has an end!!! So is this kind of injustice. By now, the laws has to be changed. But, unfortunately Indian Constitution is not taking the initiative. Now, "Aam Janata" has to come forward to bring the changes they want to see.

"Jaago Re" is one of the socially conscious campaigns.
Others like "Lead India" too are working towards social consciousness.

We need to encourage such programs to see the change...

Re:Shame on India 14 years 3 months ago #5358

I hope some initiative is taken and soon we will get to see a better India :)
Fingers crossed...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds