Please enter any website feedback here. Post what you like and dislike. Any suggestion to improve the website is welcome.

TOPIC: Website feedback/suggestions

Re:Email notification of forum posts. 14 years 9 months ago #849

LFC,
To unsubscribe from receiving the notification e-mail for forum messages, follow this...
You have "Unsubscribe" button next to "Reply Topic" on left hand side at the starting of the messages and also at the bottom of the page in that particular thread. Please check if the "Unsubscribe" button is visible to you. If not, let us know and we will fix the problem.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 9 months ago #856

Kubi, Satish,
Your pools are intresting.
but it can't be seen once you open the website. All the intresting topics are covered on the top.so scrooling down will never be a option. so if you can move to intresting place, you might see many more responses.

thanks

Inbox message system and Display of adding freinds 14 years 8 months ago #1546

Here are some observations about Inbox message feature and adding friend feature.

When you receive message from other member it no where flashes..but you do get an email...Once I sent message and some error came..I tried to see whom the message was sent..it failed to show me which id I sent message.

This time I saw one change that there was red flag when two friends requests were pending for my approval..I clicked both with approval...but when you approve more than one request it displays only one.

Re:Inbox message system and Display of adding freinds 14 years 8 months ago #1547

CONGRATULATIONS LFC :) on reaching 160 posts and becoming a Gold boarder. Have fun in India and celebrate too ;)

Re:Inbox message system and Display of adding freinds 14 years 8 months ago #1548

LFC,

Good to hear from you.

We ugpraded few things a week back. It added new functionality like the flag and improved the spam protection. We are continually working to make it better.

Thanks
Satish

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Here are some observations about Inbox message feature and adding friend feature.

When you receive message from other member it no where flashes..but you do get an email...Once I sent message and some error came..I tried to see whom the message was sent..it failed to show me which id I sent message.

This time I saw one change that there was red flag when two friends requests were pending for my approval..I clicked both with approval...but when you approve more than one request it displays only one.

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 8 months ago #1658

• pennova98
I was trying to make this site more "homely" for myself by adding pictures into albums and such. I am not a computer person and don't know much about computer programming, but I was unable to upload photos because the size maximum (0.5 mb) was too small. Would it be possible to increase the size in order to upload pics?

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 8 months ago #1663

Siddarth,

The space on the website is limited and images usually take lots of space.

I will provide you few hints on how to decrease the size of the images.

AT allows images upto 800px width. You can decrease the width of your photograph to 800px width. You can do that using tools like Paint.NET. The photograph saved as jpg extension will also have quality. You can decrease the quality to about 50% without loosing much of the quality. Using the same technique, the images on the http://www.apnatriangle.com/13-events/232-hasya-kavi-sammelan-2009.html were reduced to about 25K (AT allows images upto 500K).

We are also trying to implement an additional software which can pull your photographs from www.flickr.com .

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks
Satish

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 8 months ago #1686

• pennova98
Wondering if it would be possible to "bump" Blogs with respect to recent activity/comments to the top, as in done in "Forums"?

Thanks!

How do I logout ? 14 years 7 months ago #2185

I see that login tab has been moved to community page. There is no window with logout message on Home and community page...If I have to logout from site then I had to get in forums where I see Logout option.

Did I miss logout option from home and community page then let me know..it is not problem to go on forum and click logout but if some provision is made on community then it will be good.

Re:How do I logout ? 14 years 7 months ago #2187

• Admin
  • Admin's Avatar Topic Author
Hi LFC,

You are right. The "logout" option has been removed from the home page. As we have few issues, we had to remove lot of things from home page. We will soon get back the features which are mostly used on the home page.

Thanks,
Roopa.

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2196

looks like Past Events links are not working - gives 404 Not Found

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2197

Thanks for pointing out the issue. Will fix it soon.
You can see all events Click Here

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2242

• A
  • A's Avatar Topic Author
Last night I posted one message. I tried posting second one and it said "Wait for 30 sec....bla..bla". I got the same message after 2 hours.

However reply with 'Quote' appeared to work.

You have some bugs to fix with new software upgrade.

A

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2244

• A
  • A's Avatar Topic Author
More Feedback:-

I posted two messages just now.

1. Home page showed after 5 min that there are new messages.
2. Went into forums, mine messages are not there.
3. Waited
4. Waited more
5. Approximately after 12 min, Forum showed my messgaes however when I clicked my message was not there.
6. It took a while before I could read messages.

I think you have more bugs than I expected...some testing required here

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2248

A,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will remove some of the stuff and correct the issue. We will do it in next couple of days.

Thanks
Satish

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2297

We have completed the major upgrades. Thank you for
- Your support during upgrade and
- Letting us know for the items that are important to you

LFC,
We have put the login back.

Sanju,
The latest events are now working.

A,
The forum messages shows up immediately on home page. We have removed caching.
There should be 30 seconds lag between 2 posts. You are too fast. So, we have reduced it to 10 seconds.

With these improvements the CPU utilization is staying within the limits. So, we do not have to pay a lot to the hosting provider.

Thanks
Satish

Travel corner main post links are not working 14 years 7 months ago #2384

Just now noticed that from Travel Corner Fun Destination - Start here Thread -- links are not working.

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2386

LFC,

Thanks for noticing it. I noticed that apartments links are also broken. We will fix it soon.

Thanks
Satish

Re:Website feedback/suggestions 14 years 7 months ago #2392

LFC,

You can now check the links under Fun Destinations - Travel Corner . Soon other links too will start working :)
Happy Browsing...

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds