Please enter any website feedback here. Post what you like and dislike. Any suggestion to improve the website is welcome.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays upgrades are done

Todays upgrades are done 13 years 4 days ago #11903

• satish
  • satish's Avatar Topic Author
We have completed the upgrades. We are working through following issues -
1. Unable to save a new blog.
2. Unable to add comments to the blogs.

Some of the improvements -
1. Forum message format has changed and has some new functionality like 'Thank You' button. I am trying to put pretty icons back and it will take some time.
2. Community has been upgraded and has few additional functionality like 'status'.

Please take time to explore the new functionality. Let me know of any issues you come across.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 13 years 4 days ago #11904

• satish
2 issues that I had identified has been resolved - we can save the blog and add the comments. I have made changes that would speed up the website. Thanks for your support.

satish wrote: We have completed the upgrades. We are working through following issues -
1. Unable to save a new blog.
2. Unable to add comments to the blogs.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 13 years 4 days ago #11906

• satish
Just noticed that non-members were not able to enter forum message. I have corrected that. Sorry about that.

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 13 years 13 hours ago #11976

Satish, forum looks great and lot of new features got added. Some old links appear broken but I guess you must be working on it. Thanks for your efforts.

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 13 years 9 hours ago #11983

• Reader
I am not sure if I agree with you. My feedback is changes are not great.

1. Pictures are bigger and people tend to pay more attention to the picture or empty box. There is no need for this picture box to take so much space.

2. Typing area has become smaller and in turn the working area has become smaller. Working area shall be bigger.

3. Captcha code is no longer a number. Most of the times, it is hard to figure out what the code is.

(PS:- Even for this message, this is my second attempt with the code)

Lady_from_cary wrote: Satish, forum looks great and lot of new features got added. Some old links appear broken but I guess you must be working on it. Thanks for your efforts.

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 13 years 8 hours ago #11985

I kind-of agree with @Reader. Not sure why the pix has to be so large. A SpellChecker would be helpful too ;)

Still trying to understand some of the changes.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 13 years 8 hours ago #11987

• Mr. Forum User
Satish, Thanks for the updates. One more fix you might have to do.

When I try to reply to any forum topic, after typing the content, if I enter the 'Captcha' code incorrect, previously typed content will be lost. It is not holding in session. User has to re-type all the content again. Not sure if this fixable for non members.

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 13 years 7 hours ago #11988

• Anonymous
Reader, are you a twin of "A" - that blogger?

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 13 years 5 hours ago #11989

• HaHa

Anonymous wrote: Reader, are you a twin of "A" - that blogger?

Why do you bother to know who is who? Do you have any feed back on site updates?

Re: Todays upgrades are done 13 years 4 hours ago #12003

• Sandhyaaaa
I posted message with guest name Sandhya but it got posted as anonymous? Why Sandhya was not accepted?

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12067

• Satish1
I am trying work through the issues that you have requested.

1. Could not get a different Captcha which is easier. I have removed it and we will see if that produces any spam.
2. It posts the message as Anonymous if there is a registered user. I will try to fix this issue. But it will take some time.
3. I am also trying to reduce the picture size and the space it takes for the whole message.

Thanks
Satish

Re: Todays upgrades are done - Nice changes on AT 12 years 11 months ago #12068

• satish
Reader,

1. I am trying to make the pictures smaller.
2. Typing area can be Enlarged / Shrinked by clicking on the link 'Enlarge / Shrink' on the left. I will see, if I can get the default area to increse.
3. I have disabled captcha for now. It avoids spam by bots (automatic programs). I have done some settings to avoid them.

Thanks
Satish

Reader wrote: I am not sure if I agree with you. My feedback is changes are not great.

1. Pictures are bigger and people tend to pay more attention to the picture or empty box. There is no need for this picture box to take so much space.

2. Typing area has become smaller and in turn the working area has become smaller. Working area shall be bigger.

3. Captcha code is no longer a number. Most of the times, it is hard to figure out what the code is.

(PS:- Even for this message, this is my second attempt with the code)

Lady_from_cary wrote: Satish, forum looks great and lot of new features got added. Some old links appear broken but I guess you must be working on it. Thanks for your efforts.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12069

• satish
Reader,
I have reduced the avatar size.

Sanju,
If there is a spelling mistake it underlines mis-spelled word. Are you asking for something that proposes the correct spelling and alternative words?

All,
Thanks for all the feedback. Please let me know if there is anything else that you like to change in the website.

Thanks
Satish

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12070

• Reader
Satish,

Yes. This is much better.

On a lighter note, consider changing your picture too. New look of Forums, new Satish.

satish wrote: Reader,
I have reduced the avatar size.

Sanju,
If there is a spelling mistake it underlines mis-spelled word. Are you asking for something that proposes the correct spelling and alternative words?

All,
Thanks for all the feedback. Please let me know if there is anything else that you like to change in the website.

Thanks
Satish

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12071

• Reader
Satish,

Sorry I was away and did not see your earlier message. I just noticed that you have disabled the 'captcha' code. That is awesome. If you have not experienced any spam, there is no need for Captcha code. You can try for a few days, if you face an issue, you can always introduce the same or an easier kind.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12072

The underlines for mis-spelled words works only in FF/Chrome, i think. It surely does not work in IE9. I am kind-of MS user which includes Browser, Search (Bing) ;)

One minor thing that does not work is when you are on the Recent Topics and when you click on the Last post - it earlier used to take you to the last post. Currently it takes to the first message on the top of that page.

Also, I am no longer able to bookmark the Recent Topics with Filter Condition.

Sorry for being so picky but it's ok if you cannot fix it.

Forums also needs some feature upgrades like ThumbsUp/Down, Report Abuse, Navigating from one topic to another - kind-of Previous/Next Topic etc. Hope you'll can get to it too in near future.

satish wrote: Sanju,

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12074

• satish
Sanju,
Good to know that you are MS user!! Being a software developer, I get ridiculed for being MS user. I use Firefox when I am debugging issues on AT though. I will check the recent topic issue and other feedback.

Reader,
I have changed my avatar too!

Thanks
Satish

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12076

personally i think MS is more stable and safer now than it has been in years esp with x64, IE9 & Bing combination. Infact, even the pop-ups have been reduced to almost none thru IE9 as compared to the same-site experience on FF/Chrome.

Y'day only one of my friend who works in Online Marketing was complaining about Google Annoyance (read adwords). Apparently how google tracks keywords in Gmail and serves-up ads on your browser. but that's something for another day ;)

Good to know that you are MS user!! Being a software developer, I get ridiculed for being MS user. I use Firefox when I am debugging issues on AT though. I will check the recent topic issue and other feedback.

Re: Todays upgrades are done 12 years 11 months ago #12080

• Reader
Satish,

Glad you changed your picture... Now you look like a Firefox user and a Software professional, before you looked like a Sales guy - LOL :)))

I do not like IE or Firefox. I am Google Fan. Let the comparison continue....

Reader,
I have changed my avatar too!

Thanks
Satish

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds