• Page:

TOPIC: Private & Charter schools (Kindergarten)

Private & Charter schools (Kindergarten) 8 years 8 months ago #27291

We moved recently to Morrisville area and kid started going to Morrisville Elementary School (assigned base school for our home). However couple of my friends said it is not a very good school and better to find a Charter or Private school. So, 1) Do we have any Charter or Private schools in this area 2) Do they have Kindergarten program 3) Do they take new admissions around this time of the year 4) Will they also have any constraints like public schools like you should be assigned to that school to consider admission 4) Any idea on the fee private schools charge for kindergarten program?

I know lot of questions, but any info you could share will greatly help. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Private & Charter schools (Kindergarten) 8 years 8 months ago #27299

vasuyo wrote: 1) Do we have any Charter or Private schools in this area -
Wake county charter schools

2) Do they have Kindergarten program --- YES

3) Do they take new admissions around this time of the year -- Call each school.

4) Will they also have any constraints like public schools like you should be assigned to that school to consider admission - NO constraint but lottery system exists.

5) Any idea on the fee private schools charge for kindergarten program? - Check private school review.

Private & Charter schools (Kindergarten) 8 years 8 months ago #27303

I am super curious what you mean by "couple of my friends said it is not a very good school". What exactly is "a very good school" at the elementary school level in WCPSS and how does Morrisville elementary school fall short?

People love to make dumb statements (and I thought it was exclusively my prerogative). Kids coming from Morrisville elementary are no brighter or dumber than kids from other elementary schools in this area. Do the other schools conduct an IQ test on the teachers and students before letting them through the doorway?

You sure about private schooling? It could cost you from $100K - $180K per kid before your kids get to college. Add the cost of college to that. If money is not a concern, go for it. Otherwise compare the college placement statistics between Cary Academy and Green Hope High (or other schools of your choice) to figure out if private school is worth the cost when it comes to the quality of education. To me, private schools make more sense if you don't want your child to go to an economically diverse school, need a private school stamp, etc.

It is too late to get into the more desirable private schools. Same for charter schools. You have to apply in the Jan - Mar period. Good charter schools use lottery.

Private & Charter schools (Kindergarten) 8 years 8 months ago #27304

+1 @dd.

I have heard this many times "over-heard couple of parents saying something about a school not being good" :)

Here's a handy, more reliable site to evaluate schools:

www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?lat=35.8019588&lon=-78.8948741&zipCode=27519&state=NC&locationType=postal_code&normalizedAddress=Cary%2C%20NC%2027519&city=Cary&sortBy=DISTANCE&locationSearchString=27519&distance=5

Morrisville Elementary has a perfect 10 score :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds