• Page:

TOPIC: Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid

Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid 9 years 8 hours ago #26726

Hello,

My wife and 2.5 yr old kid are moving from India to RTP in May 2nd week. I am working in west coast and will be moving to RTP after 3 months.

My wife is working with Cisco and she is on H1B visa.

I have following questions, any answers/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1. Is it a good move to get our Kid immediately? we have our parents in India but because of other constraints we are looking to get him immediately.
2. Can a single working mom manage with Kid? I will be visiting them on every weekend.
3. Are there good playschools nearby for my kid?
4. Can a kid from India adjust if we put him in playschool immediately?

Thanks
Murali

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid 9 years 5 minutes ago #26729

Yes it is a good move to have your kid with ur wife instead of ur parents and i strongly recommend as there are many good preschools in the area, Kiddie Accademy or Global Montessoru.
If u can afford Kids R Kids and Kiddie Accademy will provide the online link so you can watch her all day. Even many kids who are in States take a Month or 2 to get used to the daycare, thats how kids r , u cannot expect her being happy on the first day, but i bet she will be happily playing after a month.
Hope this helps

Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid 8 years 11 months ago #26730

Here's a similar topic discussed in the past.
www.apnatriangle.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=3&id=24465&Itemid=248

I presume ya'll are coming to the US for first time and as such it will take 2-3 months to settle down.

Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid 8 years 11 months ago #26733

Hi Murali

I'm NC 55 West Cary, Kit kreek road. It's very close to Cisco. I'm doing baby care at my home.
I can take care of your kid, I can provide food & snacks. Contact me for more details at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks
Uma.

Moving from India with 2.5 yr old Kid 8 years 11 months ago #26739

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please share how much it costs for a 5 day a week, full day play school.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds