• Page:

TOPIC: Spam on AT Classifieds

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28154

• flyvinod
  • flyvinod's Avatar Topic Author
Guess. I don't need to highlight there is quite a bit spamming going on in AT classifieds right now which is causing quite a bit of inconvenience to users of this board. I have observed that the spam is getting posted to "Music and Dance" category, can the moderators of the board explore and see if you can disable the "music and dance" category for now...

vk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28155

flyvinod wrote: Guess. I don't need to highlight there is quite a bit spamming going on in AT classifieds right now which is causing quite a bit of inconvenience to users of this board. I have observed that the spam is getting posted to "Music and Dance" category, can the moderators of the board explore and see if you can disable the "music and dance" category for now...

vk

Hello Vinod,

Thanks for your message. I have been cleaning the ads continuously, I have also made the new user registration approval only by admins. I am still not sure, what is happening. Will surely consider your input as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will work.

Thanks
AT Team

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28156

I have done some moderation and made some changes to the classified settings. Will keep you updated.

Thanks

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28157

Kubi - In addition, I have another request as a long time user of this awesome website...Why dont you consider changing the layout of the site to allow more rows for classifieds and forum messages since those are the ones which are most dynamic and used by people. All others including - 'Community News/Awards, Recipes, Past Events Pictures/Videos, Prominent Triangle Indians - Interview' are quite static compared to classifieds and forum messages. Again, thank you for making/maintaining this website as amazing & useful as it is.

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28158

junkie272 wrote: Kubi - In addition, I have another request as a long time user of this awesome website...Why dont you consider changing the layout of the site to allow more rows for classifieds and forum messages since those are the ones which are most dynamic and used by people. All others including - 'Community News/Awards, Recipes, Past Events Pictures/Videos, Prominent Triangle Indians - Interview' are quite static compared to classifieds and forum messages. Again, thank you for making/maintaining this website as amazing & useful as it is.

Thank you for your input. Sure, I will take care of it.

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28159

• flyvinod
  • flyvinod's Avatar Topic Author
Kudos Kubi... for fixing the classifieds. AT looks much better now.

vinod.

Regarding Free Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28160

Dear AT'ers ,

I have made all the new classifieds to be approved by the admins before the ads are published on the site. This is to avoid the spamming on the site.

Please bear with us, I am checking very often and enabling all the genuine ads.

Thanks
Kubi

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28164

Done. You now have more rows for classifieds discussion forums.

kubi wrote:

junkie272 wrote: Kubi - In addition, I have another request as a long time user of this awesome website...Why dont you consider changing the layout of the site to allow more rows for classifieds and forum messages since those are the ones which are most dynamic and used by people. All others including - 'Community News/Awards, Recipes, Past Events Pictures/Videos, Prominent Triangle Indians - Interview' are quite static compared to classifieds and forum messages. Again, thank you for making/maintaining this website as amazing & useful as it is.

Thank you for your input. Sure, I will take care of it.

Spam on AT Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28165

Great, you guys are awesome, thank you!

Regarding Free Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28166

kubi wrote: Dear AT'ers ,

I have made all the new classifieds to be approved by the admins before the ads are published on the site. This is to avoid the spamming on the site.

Please bear with us, I am checking very often and enabling all the genuine ads.

Thanks
Kubi

one suggestion, instead of enabling manual verification, if you can enable captcha type verification to the ads submission (just like the one enabled for this forum submission), it will minimize the manual overhead and ensure SPAMs are taken care off.

thanks,
Avenash

Regarding Free Classifieds 8 years 2 months ago #28167

Avenash,

Ads do not need manual verification anymore.

It is always a battle between spammers and admins. Hopefully, we have made it harder for them to post ads repetitively.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds