• Page:

TOPIC: Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style??

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26782

• manasvini
  • manasvini's Avatar Topic Author
I was wondering if we can make butter from yogurt(Homemade) by churning yogurt/Curd, I like to know if any one is doing that, I tried but no luck , i am not sure what mistake i am doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26785

You can get butter if you are using vitamin D milk for yogurt. Try putting the curd in the mixy and add little water. After turning it in the mixy keep it aside. After sometime the buttermilk will go down and the butter comes up.

Hope this will help you.

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26795

• manasvini
  • manasvini's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks!! i will try using whole milk yogurt.

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26860

manasvini wrote: Thanks!! i will try using whole milk yogurt.

You need to use UN-homogenized full fat milk...also add full fat sour cream and greek yogurt..mix all..keep in the refrigerator for one day..whisk cold in the mixer..you should get a ball of butter.

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26862

LFC - you just opened my eyes early in the morning ! :) Un-homogonized milk?? All the while I was wondering why milk here acts so differently from the one we get back in swades.
Where would we get this milk?
Just a side-thought - while googline about Un-homogonized milk I came across an interesting quote: American food is engineered for a store shelf, not for American gut

Anyone making "BUTTER" from yogurt Indian Style?? 8 years 11 months ago #26869

I have seen people making butter from heavy whipped cream to get India style white butter. I have never seen anyone around me in india(north) making butter from yogurt so can't comment on that. I used to face problems making yogurt and paneer at home so I did some research on that and found due to milk being homogenized (heated at high temperatures) the milk loses its calcium balance, hence started adding food grade calcium chloride to milk to take out paneer. For yogurt I started using culture. Fermented food is v important for a healthy gut.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds