• Page:

TOPIC: Cary DMV Road test route

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26758

Has anyone gone for a road test in Cary DMV lately? Could you share the route? Most posts are pretty old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26759

Hi sapna

I heard from my friend its lot more easier in faquay varina dmv. Try it.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26760

I second that. Fuquay Variana - less crowded DMV, easy route - personal experience. They do test 3 point turn but otherwise mostly right turns only. Of course, your driving skills are also important to pass the test.

I've found Cary DMV extremely crowded and stress levels too high :)

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26788

The point is whether you want to get a license based on your driving skills and confidence or do you want to get one based on your knowledge of the route and how easy it is. At the end of the day, the easy route will only spell doom to you on the road or that you will endanger somebody else's life. So be well prepared instead of asking questions like this.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26798

Durham dmv its good. 2 years back i passed road test. i prefered weekdays tues-wed
just 5 min distance to dmv office.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26859

SapnaJ wrote: Has anyone gone for a road test in Cary DMV lately? Could you share the route? Most posts are pretty old.

For Cary Dmv, no change in the route..same route. Few months ago I spent 3 hours in the DMV office..I observed that only one officer was taking tests that day and he has no more than 12 minutes to spend on each candidate. No body failed that day...All staff is very nice there.

Many years ago I drove to Wendell to give driving test. I took classes from one German instructor he was from Wendell.. so he was more comfortable to take his students to wendell..also it was profitable for him due to longer travel time.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26867

Thank you all who helped and guided. I passed my road test at Cary a day after I raised the query here. I reached early and was done in less than an hour. Heard from someone, the manager changed few months back and the experience was much better. I found the route from some old post and drove once there before the test.

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 11 months ago #26868

@Ceecil1959 The officers are capable of judging your confidence and how safely/recklessly you drive. They have years of experience in that. Just wanted a bit of information and not judgements. Think!!!

Cary DMV Road test route 8 years 4 months ago #27958

Quoting the route from a previous post, can you confirm if this what you were asked to drive on? Thanks

Come out of the DMV. Take Right.
Go on Mayanard.
Then take the first right(Sloan Dr). Take a right there on Sloan Dr. You will be on N Montreal Ct. There will be a deadend there. You will be tested for a quick stop, straight reverse.
Take a three point turn on N Montreal Ct.
Take left. Go on Sloan Dr.
Take Right. Go on Mayanrd. You will be asked to change lanes here.
There will be a signal(Village Greenway). Take left. Go to Village Green Way. There will be a circle. There will be a yield and you have to slow down.
Complete the circle and come out and take right and Go on Mayanayrd.
Go to DMV. They will check how you park at the end

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds