• Page:

TOPIC: Good news for McCrimmon/NC-54 (Chapel Hill)traffic

Good news for McCrimmon/NC-54 (Chapel Hill)traffic 9 years 2 months ago #26323

• devsharma
  • devsharma's Avatar Topic Author
I was searching NCDOT if there were any development plans for improving this dreaded intersection and they replied with this information. It is definitely good news, making it probably the best connected junction.
Hello,
Thank you for your note. There is a project designated U-5747 at the intersection of NC 54 and McCrimmon Parkway to convert this at grade intersection to a grade separation. Included would be a grade separation of the North Carolina Railroad. This project has been evaluated as part of the NCDOT Strategic Investment Planning process. I have included a link to the website where you can obtain additional information on this process. The Draft STIP has funding currently shown in the Developmental Program Years 2021, 23, 24 and 25 for this project.

connect.ncdot.gov/projects/planning/Pages/default.aspx

In addition, the Town of Morrisville has a bond project to extend McCrimmon Parkway from NC 54 over to the intersection of Evans Road and Aviation Parkway. As part of this project, the Town is looking to include improvements to the intersection of NC 54 and McCrimmon Parkway and across the railroad tracks west of NC 54. This would provide some relief until the above mentioned project, U-5747 is constructed, if it is ultimately funded for construction. I have included a link that will provide more information on this proposed project from the Town of Morrisville.

www.townofmorrisville.org/index.aspx?nid=695

Further, there are other future needs identified along the NC 54 corridor. I have included a few links for those as well. As you will see they are currently listed as not funded and will be evaluated in the same manner.

connect.ncdot.gov/projects/planning/STIResults/H090575-A.pdf

connect.ncdot.gov/projects/planning/STIResults/H090575-B.pdf

connect.ncdot.gov/projects/planning/STIResults/H090575-C.pdf

Finally, the NCDOT partners with the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) to identify local needs for improvements to the transportation network. I have included a link to the main website and the links to the Long Range Transportation Plan. The CAMPO site includes future projects to NC 54 as noted above. The people at Campo provided on the website should be able to provide additional information as to where the projects are on CAMPO’s priority list.

www.campo-nc.us/

www.campo-nc.us/MTP/2040-mtp-public-draft/2040MTPHighwayListBothMPOs.pdf

www.campo-nc.us/MTP/2040-mtp-public-draft/updated-4-26-2013/2040MTPHighway.pdf

Your interest and input is beneficial. There are limited resources for all the transportation needs in our region. By sharing your concerns and interest, organizations such as CAMPO can be more effective in meeting the needs of the region.

If I may be of further assistance, feel free to call me at 919-220-4632.
Steve Gracey
Construction Staff Engineer, Div. 5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good news for McCrimmon/NC-54 (Chapel Hill)traffic 9 years 2 months ago #26325

• devsharma
  • devsharma's Avatar Topic Author
I encourage you all to share your ideas, and concerns with NCDOT. This might help the future traffic situation here.

Good news for McCrimmon/NC-54 (Chapel Hill)traffic 9 years 2 months ago #26335

devsharma, It is civic duty to convey what we want to the policy makers. I commend you for doing it and encouraging others to do the same.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds