• Page:

TOPIC: Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26144

All Friends

I would be coming to RTP in Jan.My wife who has a valid petition is not getting an assignment in RTP area right now although she is trying hard with her employer in India at least to place her near the Eastern states,if she is not getting near to NC,and she would be asked to go to Western states and in this case I will bring my daughter and she will stay with me.I am thinking since loads of Indians around ,I can socialize with our Indian community people ,she can play with Indian Kids etc,my daughter will not miss the environment as she used to enjoy in India.Right now she is with a Tamil Speaking Maid ,she speaks fluent Tamil ,almost same like our native language which is Oriya,so can I find some babysitter typically with someone who can speak Tamil.

I heard there are good Indian superstores as well,so I believe I will get the Indian Food Items that I can cook for her and then go to office and on the way I can get her back with me when I return from work.Is there a good playschool where I can send her and the daycare.Right now she goes to a preschool and she enjoys a lot going to school.I want to have almost same kind of atmosphere even there at least she does not miss mother for some time and I know it is really tough , she can enjoy company of kids,a good preschool,a good babysitter,typical Indian food like Oats,roti,rice and ragi etc which she is comfortable now.I am thinking to stay in Morrisville area as many of my colleagues stay there at the moment.

so I want to get some opinion from people who have gone through this kind of phase earlier,this is my first visit to US,do not want family to suffer.I would require people to let me know about their thought.

Am I thinking in the right way,let me know.

Thanks
Deep

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26146

Just a quick reply..may be others will share their views.

Getting Tamil speaking baby sitter is difficult but not impossible, I have seen few baby sitter ads who speak Tamil.
If You put your kid in Day care, how will you manage kids sick time because you will have to keep your kid at home. This depends on nature of your job..can you work from home?
Few families have done this and I guess there are quite a few are here in similar situation. Few have left their kids in India with grand parents.
Is it not possible for mother to live here for few months?

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26147

I agree with @LFC.

For a 2yr to stay without mom, although not impossible but surely not practical - atleast in this country when it's your first visit.

As suggested, try to keep her with grandparents if possible back in India till you settle down here - which generally takes anywhere from 3-6 months.

Be practical rather than emotional.

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26148

Hey,

We have gone through this situation. I requested my Mom to assist. My Mom stayed with me when My wife was working in west coast. It was difficult but it was way better than I manage her alone. I daughter was very happy with her Gramdma. She used to miss her mom but better than nothing. My wide used to visit every alternate week. We were not saving any money just making sure her H1B is active and kept searching job in East coast.

It was not easy.

Regards

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26154

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions,really appreciate them.

Anyway I will be reaching first,I will work on applying Visa for my parents to take care of my daughter,she is comfortable with them as well.I guess immediately after reaching Raleigh,I can apply for a Visa for my Parents.Anyone can guide me on this as well.

Any good Indian preschool can you suggest and Fees Range,should be economical for us.I would prefer to stay in Morrisville area.

Thanks
Deepankar

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26156

Kids are kids in morrisville and goddard school in morrisville are both good.
economical will be home day care.
at the age of three people usually sent to pre-school

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26157

Again, I'd suggest if your daughter is comfortable with your parents, don't rush to get them here till you settle down here (3-4 months). There'll be a lot of new stuff for you to learn/discover - driving and owning a car would be the top of the list, IMHO ;) Without a car, you'll literally be immovable. Public transportation is not as convenient over here.

Patnaik wrote: Thanks all for your valuable suggestions,really appreciate them.

Anyway I will be reaching first,I will work on applying Visa for my parents to take care of my daughter,she is comfortable with them as well.I guess immediately after reaching Raleigh,I can apply for a Visa for my Parents.Anyone can guide me on this as well.

Any good Indian preschool can you suggest and Fees Range,should be economical for us.I would prefer to stay in Morrisville area.

Thanks
Deepankar

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 4 months ago #26159

it would take 6 months on an average after you start the visa process for your parents.
it needs 3 pay slips and other processing time and visa dates etc.,

Need guidance,coming RTP with my 2 yr old daughter 9 years 3 weeks ago #26656

Hi Deepankar,
Were you able to apply for Visa for your parents? I am also in similar state moved to Raleigh on Jan 2nd 2015 and want to bring my parents here. Let me know your contact details will give you a call or mail.

Thank you,
Mukesh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds