TOPIC: ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic

ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6324

We are full and not taking any more registrations. If you have signed up, see you there for a fun filled days

Dear All,

ApnaTriangle invites you and your family for the second Annual Picnic at Morrisville Community Park.

Come in for a fun-filled day with games,fun and lots of food. Win gift certificates from Apna Bazar, Saffron and Spice & Curry . Prizes for kids will be sponsored by Leap N Learn and Braingrommer.

Date: Sunday, 2nd May 2010
Time: 10.30 A.M to 2.30 P.M
Location: Morrsiville Community Park,1520 Morrisville Parkway,Morrisville,27560

Contact: Kubi at 919 342 5337 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Entrance is FREE and open to first 100 only. Please reserve a spot.

It is a pot luck and please bring in a dish of your choice.

The list is here

Appetizers (please specify) (3 persons one tray each) - Sach pri, Pakoras by Shikha

25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 Rotis/chapathis (5 persons can share) - 25 Aalu Parathas from Ankita, 25 by RTP cook, Rotis from LFC.

3 Curries - (Please specify which curry) - Chana(chick peas)by Sanjana, Rajma by Jyothi, beans and peas curry by RTP cook, Chicken curry from LFC

Any Main Rice item (5 persons, one tray each) - Vegetable Pulav by Anita,vegetable fried rice by Sree,Veg Biryani by Neelima, Tamarind rice by yamuna and variety rice by Meena

Curd Rice - 2 small trays (two persons can share)- 1 Tray form Sunshine and 1 from Haritha

Any Desserts(3 persons , one item each) - 4 Mango cheese cakes from Tara, dessert from Jaffrin

2 large Ice boxes(If you have one at home, and can be taken back)

2 Water Melons - Aashu

4 large Ice bags - Kubi, KS- Medium size ice bags with box

50 + 50 + 50 bowls - (3 people can share) Deepika 50 bowls and kubi 100 bowls = 50 bowls kaushik

50 + 50 + 50 paper plates,(3 people can share) - Madhavi and madhoo and prakash

50 + 50 + 50 plastic cups,(3 people can share) - Manjula,Saritha(50+50) Kubi 50 cups + 50 cups Kaushik

150 pieces spoons , 150 forks, (2 people can share) - Suhasini and Mamtha

4 large chips bag(2varities) - Ramesh

3 2 lit coke - sonal, ramesh

3 2 lit orange soda - Rani

3 2 lit sprite - Shweta

Raitha 1 small tray - 1 tray- Sanjeev Agarwal

Popsicles - Sanjeev

If you are not comfortable with any of the above items, please bring in anything you like but please mention below. Lets make this event memorable.Please feel Free to bring in your favorite board games, Bingo,Pictionary, discs etc

Just Reply to this forum thread with number of guests and the item you want to bring in.

If you have any problem with RSVP to this forum, send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Any Suggestions and feedback is welcome.

Thanks
ApnaTriangle Team.
The topic has been locked.

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6331

• Mallika
I will be coming

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6332

We are in too - total of (3 + 3).

Month of May should be hot, so will bring in popsicles + snack/food item.

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6333

Hi,

We are coming, myself, husband and 1 yr old daughter.

I shall get cake and cold drinks

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6337

• shweta
hi,

we will be joining u guys(1+1),I will be bringing soft drinks.

shweta

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6338

• Prakash
2+1yr old baby boy... We will bring Plates...

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6339

• Manoj
Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6341

Hummm Manoj Do you needed to make this comment? What is wrong if he agrees to bring plates ? every one will contribute some item as per their convenience. Every contribution counts..no need to classify pricy or cheap item.

@ Kubi I will let you know little later.

Manoj wrote:

Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6342

Of late, neither Ashok, my husband nor me contribute on Apna Triangle due to lack of time but when ever I glance thru AT, I read some comments that puts me off by a week or so. Now by reading this conversation, I really feel that people do not value friendship and being to-gether but judge others by appearances. Mr. Manoj this is sad & needs correction.

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6343

• Manoj
Lady_from_cary wrote:

Hummm Manoj Do you needed to make this comment? What is wrong if he agrees to bring plates ? every one will contribute some item as per their convenience. Every contribution counts..no need to classify pricy or cheap item.

Manoj wrote:

Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

Do you even know the meaning of potluck?

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6344

• jyothi
sorry i could not resist,

even if we do not know the meaning of POTLUCK thats just fine, it is an effort made to meet each other. How does it matter??? Lets all be happy in this country a small no. of INDIANS are gonna meet. that should be the exitment. Sorry if i have hurt someones feelings....... in advance.

Sanjana, i know there are many things that put us down, but i think our contribution to work towards the better keeps us going. :)

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6345

me and my husband will be coming:)

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6346

• S U N N Y
There should be some membership with rules n regulation in system so that one who does not behave properly can be banned.

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6347

Manoj....You think your reply was most appropriate in letting all know what exactly is potluck? Don't derail this thread further...be part of yearly picnic in good spirits...If you desire to teach us what is meant by potluck..then you are most welcome to start Fresh thread and enlighten us.

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Manoj wrote:

Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6348

we will be coming (2+2)we will bringing soft drinks

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6351

• Manoj
Lady_from_cary wrote:

Manoj....You think your reply was most appropriate in letting all know what exactly is potluck? Don't derail this thread further...be part of yearly picnic in good spirits...If you desire to teach us what is meant by potluck..then you are most welcome to start Fresh thread and enlighten us.

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Manoj wrote:

Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

This is getting interesting!!

Here is a wikipedia definition for those who want to know ... others, please ignore

A potluck is a gathering of people where each person or group of people contributes a dish of food to be shared among the group.

Essentially, if you show up at a potluck without a dish of food, you are a cheapster!

and BTW, I will be coming to picnic with my wife and four ever-hungry teen-aged sons ... perhaps bring my parents too.

I will be bringing paper napkins. I think a pack of 200 will be enough - 2 per person.

just kidding

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6352

Manoj... Thanks for enlightening us about definition of "Potluck". What you pulled is dictionary meaning but practically you need to do modification...If every one brings food dish then who will take care of plates,spoons,trays,paper towels,etc...and don't forget this is picnic/potluck so there will be even further need of getting some games....We will have to wait till first 100 reply...later Kubi will have to do reconciliation of all items and accordingly further divide each ones contribution in food and other accessories...Desi potluck can have much broader meaning...even a person comes empty handed but agrees to contribute to do arrangements is also a contribution..So let us not view it narrowly based on dictionary meaning.

Glad to know you are attending with full family. If I can make it then I will have special treat for your four hungry teenage sons. :)

Manoj wrote:

This is getting interesting!!

Here is a wikipedia definition for those who want to know ... others, please ignore

A potluck is a gathering of people where each person or group of people contributes a dish of food to be shared among the group.

Essentially, if you show up at a potluck without a dish of food, you are a cheapster!

and BTW, I will be coming to picnic with my wife and four ever-hungry teen-aged sons ... perhaps bring my parents too.

I will be bringing paper napkins. I think a pack of 200 will be enough - 2 per person.

just kidding

Manoj wrote:

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Manoj wrote:

Prakash wrote:

plates? paper plates?

cheapsters!!!

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6357

Lady_from_cary wrote:

If I can make it then ...

Hey LFC,
How can u not make it to the potluck? You have plenty of time to work-around the schedule to make time for the potluck and this time with your family! No excuses :)

sames goes for A/Alien/Ashok-Sanjana (if you'll have not already given your head-count) and all the ATers who want to have fun!

-sanju

Re:ApnaTriangle 2nd Annual Picnic 14 years 1 week ago #6359

Sanjana,

Sorry that some of the comments are offending you. However, AT forum is probably one of the most civilized forum. Please do not take it personally.

We miss Ashok's presence very much - his humor, wisdom, songs for every situation.. Hopefully, he will grace us with his presence soon.

Satish
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds