• Page:

TOPIC: Cary Diwali 2009

Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3345

• ATEvents
  • ATEvents's Avatar Topic Author
Cary Diwali 2009 attracted a large crowd. About 12,000 people attended the event. The cultural programs started at 11:00 AM and ended with Fireworks just after 8:00 PM. In the event Indian Idols contestants Sandeep Acharya and Aditi Bose performed.

Here are the videos.

Nikhil dancing at the Aditi Paul performance.

Kagna Re and Fusion dance

Sandeep and Aditi performance

Here are some very nice photographs from Daniel J Pesta. He enjoyed the event with his family. He loves to learn about Indian culture. Thanks to Daniel for sending the pictures to us. He can be contacted at
Daniel J Pesta Photography
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.danieljpesta.com
blog.danieljpesta.com
616 706-7525

To see more pictures from Daniel visit his facebook page (you have to become Daniels friend to view the photographs) - www.facebook.com/danieljpestaphotography?ref=name
The topic has been locked.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3346

It was a boring affair. Nothing much to write about. However lesson learnt - next year will stay at home.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3348

• ATEvents
Here are few pictures.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3349

• ATEvents
Some more pictures

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3351

• XYZ
Ashok is right.

My 2 cents. Programs were monotonous. The theme may have limited the program variety and reduced the creativity.

$10 tickets for seating was a bad idea. It created a big gap between the performers and enthusiastic audience. Last year, kids (and adults) danced close to the stage and were going crazy with every song. This year it didnt happen as they were very far and scattered all around. Those $10 seats robbed the enthusiasm.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3352

yes, Cary Diwali is getting boring.
i went there by 1:30 PM, and ended up getting terrible headache by 5 PM.
The 10$ seats were a big waste.Not that i can't afford it. it was irritating in between audience and performers.
The crowd, very well knew, how to block the view of silently watching audience, and talk their heart out about everything else. Even though lawn chairs and picnic blankets were there, everybody were talking STANDING.

The cultural program should have less bollywood and encourage more variety program.Only " One state" program, did a monotonous tune of dances

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3356

• A
Those seats were always reserved for sponsors. I think it was OK to charge 10$ as that helped a lot of parents who cannot sit on the ground.

But last time they allowed people to come close to stage.

This time BOD members made sure they had their kids on stage...so if you want to be close to stage you become board of directors. I also heard some nasty things about BOD but those people telling me could not substantiate and hence I won't mention here.

A
XYZ wrote:

Ashok is right.

My 2 cents. Programs were monotonous. The theme may have limited the program variety and reduced the creativity.

$10 tickets for seating was a bad idea. It created a big gap between the performers and enthusiastic audience. Last year, kids (and adults) danced close to the stage and were going crazy with every song. This year it didnt happen as they were very far and scattered all around. Those $10 seats robbed the enthusiasm.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3360

Anyone has any review about Tea or Mango lassi stall ? we would like to know about it..

Logu.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3361

Logu,

We had Tea and Mango Lassi from TCH. Both of them were good.

Satish

Logu wrote:

Anyone has any review about Tea or Mango lassi stall ? we would like to know about it..

Logu.

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3362

Dear AT members,

Many of you shared what you did not like at the event.

Lets also post things that you liked. Many volunteers have worked hard to put an event that was attended by about 12,000 people. We are part of this community and we should appreciate volunteers for their efforts.

I would love to hear from volunteers about the challenges they face for organizing the event and how people can help them in future events.

It was a great venue to meet so many folks. The venue also helped non-profit organizations to reach out to people. Many volunteers worked hard in those non-profit organziation tents.

Thanks
Satish

Re:Cary Diwali 2009 14 years 6 months ago #3366

GOod side of event,

Obviously ( for women), shopping,
Good tea and mango lassi from To Cents.( Coffee was missing).
Aditi paul show was good.
Fire works was excellant.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds