TOPIC: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 2 days ago #16926

• Shruti Bajpai
  • Shruti Bajpai's Avatar Topic Author
I was wondering if you had other videos you would be downloading? Thanks for downloading some videos anyways! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 2 days ago #16927

• Dancer
  • Dancer's Avatar Topic Author
Shruti, did you mean 'uploading' ? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 2 days ago #16928

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
we indians r gud at that

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 2 days ago #16929

• Anonymous

Dancer wrote: Shruti, did you mean 'uploading' ? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

It doesn't matter if you say downloading or uploading. Shruti just want to know if more videos will be posted or not?No need to laugh or tease.:angry:

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16932

• Anonymous
Upload or download - the function was total waste of time for participants and audience.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16934

• Anonymous
Then you can stay at home.
Who asked you to come & watch.

We have a well knit Indian community here who loves to celebrate and have fun together.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16940

• Anonymous
Alway stay home. Did not want to see regionally divided well knit Indian community. I said watching videos is waste of time too.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16941

• Anonymous
Come on guys... let's appreciate that someone made the effort to prepare and present at this festival... and a lot of them were kids from different Indian communities and we did see quite a few local Americans as well who participated in the events. So we had a diverse set of people(Indians as well as Americans) who were out there cheering as well. We also need to appreciate the effort by someone who patiently recorded these videos and then uploaded them to the website. Trust me.. i have tried doing a couple and it does take time. So let's be positive in our interactions.

Thank you so much for posting these docs

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16944

• Anonymous
Give your details would like to talk to you,

What do you mean by waste of time

you .............................

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16945

• Anonymous
Wonderful events,delicious food,amazing talents from kids,teens and adults! For the brief time I stayed ( or it appears so) , I liked the spanish dance,the solo,duet songs,men with colorful dhotis,performance by Chapel hill high school....then they came with turbans,lifted their both hands up and one leg crossed..tinkutinkutinkutingku..danced all the way into people's hearts. have not understood any language of these songs but enjoyed everything as my own.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16952

• Anonymous
what is sad to see is how the prime time of the function is stolen by bollywood numbers while the indian culture is lost.

another food for thought is how come being a adult group or teenage group gives you the qualification of getting the prime time. One should judge based on the quality of the dance not just promote teenage groups and adults.
Is this what we are trying to show our teenagers that this is indian culture ?

How does being a adult group qualify automatically to get prime time so everyone in the community is watching them ?

Same thing is done in cary Diwali and in india fest what is the reason ? if there is adult and teenage section why is this during the prime time of the function? I would say one would want to enocurage kids rather than mom's and fathers..

Want to promote teenage groups, there should be control on the type of costumes and moves being done here. Try to promote the teenagers, and teenage groups who are presenting bhatnatyam, gharba, Bhangra etc. this will enocurage the kids to carry forward the rich indian culture.

Completely understand whatever we say bollywood had a major role in our community, but please guide the children to pick and choose what needs to be presented in public.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16953

• unknown1
  • unknown1's Avatar Topic Author
totally agree...let the munni's ..sheela's ... paroo's be for bollowwod entertainment... do nto bring it our local family friendly shows.. please..

Be Responsible organizer and screen these out....

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16954

• pratima
  • pratima's Avatar Topic Author
I completely agree with a point here that organizers should not just give good tiem slots to adult groups just tbecuase they are adult groups. Most of these adult group mom's are not even tranined professionally in dancing. Understand it is to promote and enocourage dancing and dancing is about fun....but at the cost of what..at the cost of our kids who are much more talented...and get rejected even...and professional and learning much more cultural dances than them, like bhartnatyam, kathak, bhangra etc.

Yes encourage them .. their only qualification to get good time slots should not be age. Their only criteria for getting selected should not be age while kids groups are getting rejected, and the organizers give statements like kids should learn to take rejections... they are not smiling..they are not co-ordinated...., is it the first time your kid is facing rejections etc.

If they are representing good numbers like the cary diwali Giddha or the india fest rajastani pot dance , surely encourge not just becuase they are adult group should not mean they qualify for good time slot.

Same goes for teenage groups as well.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16955

• Anonymous
Really organized very well. Great Job.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16957

• Observer
  • Observer's Avatar Topic Author
I'm not sure which groups are people thinking should NOT have been prime time? Because some of the adults may be moms they may not be professional dancers?? From my observation, each few minutes of any dance shown on stage - regardless of performer age - is a result of countless hours of preparation. Time spent on working hard to get the moves right to put on a good show. Time that could have been spent elsewhere. Moms, dads, kids... anyone performing here has invested a lot to put on a performance. While any audience may have people who enjoy more or less of a given performance, just because a dance isn't a classical variety does not mean it wasn't a tremendous effort on the part of the dancers involved.

I saw some adult groups in the mornings too, so I don't think that age was an overwhelming criteria for who gets prime time... and think the organizers have done a good job to arrange over 150 acts into two days of programs. There's something for everyone.

For me, honestly, if someone is interested in the more traditional cultural dances, there are other outlets and competitions for those. India Fest gathers a mixture of cultural programs.

If you want to talk about the real tragedy of India Fest - it's that after parents have invested in a dance instructor for their kids, and in the costume, and then paying admission for all the relatives etc. to watch... that they have to pay even more to buy a trophy (why can't those be given as a thank you? You know this is a money making scheme here), and then when trying to take a video or photos nearly half of the kid is blocked by an ill placed speaker - or a plant with a price tag still on. BUT, maybe you didn't see that problem if you just came there for the "prime time"?

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 1 day ago #16959

• Thanks!
  • Thanks!'s Avatar Topic Author
Thank you for sharing the videos - do you have any from Sunday also?

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 22 hours ago #16960

• Anonymous
well ...if your kids group is the group rejected by cary diwal guys ( that way navyug team do a good job) ..while they take adult groups who come on stage and do bollywood numbers, that too at 4:30 or 5:00 pm slot then you would know, who put how much effort.

When you have to answer to your kids as to why your group was rejected while others were selected , why you as a mother ask them not to perform on certain numbers, while the same numbers are performed by adults ( like sheela ki jawani number last year on india fest...) ,why you as a mother ask you kids not wear certain kind of clothes and while the adult groups themselves do this.

Then you would know if a trophy is more important ..... frankly I do not care for trophy.. people do not even collect them, or keep them properly.

nothing against bollywood and having fun, and bollywood whatever you say has done a tremondous job of keeping indian community knit together, bring them together. .....but certain numbers , certain moves, certain copying of bollywood should be kept out family shows like this.

I totally agree that slowly certain things are being lost here in the name of fun, and one should keep watch for this.

Also, I do not know what is meant by plants with price tag here, but I guess you never paid attention to the fact that root bear booth was there this time, is this correct to have at family functions,certainly not.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 19 hours ago #16962

• Anonymous
You know india fest are the BEST Organizers in the RTP area. hats off to them , they do a wonderful job. Do not think that it is the responsibility of organizers alone that such items are not on stage. the item owners and performaers should take a standas well.

But I also tend to agree with the thougts of responsibility towards our indian community concepts flying around here
- support good costumes
- support good song selctions, ( not everything from films..films are films )
not for public functions always the amterial in them.
- promote good indian cultural items like the rajatani POT dance during the time whenmax viwers come.
- Adult groups specially should take this responsibilty to show the kids the rich indian culture and leave the
fun loving songs like chamak challo for the young kids who look cute on them. Or do theme songs like
Jai ho numberby adults.

India Fest Rocks. Let is Rock On.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 19 hours ago #16963

• diya
  • diya's Avatar Topic Author
If there is nothing called Prime time then how come Apna triangle only posts video's after 3:00pm.

:-)

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds