• Page:

TOPIC: TATA ugadi 2011 videos

TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11700

Hi All,

Satish was sick today and did not take the videos of the event. I have only three videos from LittleStars and choreographed by Kubi and pritika.
Others, who have recorded the videos, please feel free to share with others.
Thanks

LittleStars X- Tremes Boys Group.

LittleStars Girls Group

LittleStars Rockers group

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11706

• tata visitor
awesome dance and choreography.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11707

• not good
all the performances were OK the only good ones was the little robo, and the classical andhranatyam dance called Ananda Narthana Ganapathi and could someone please upload those videos?

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11708

• Overall good but could be better
  • Overall good but could be better's Avatar
UPLOAD ALL THE VIDEOS PLEASE!!!! Next time I think we should have a age limit because the small kids can't remember as much and the audience can not see them dancing on the stage.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11711

• tata member
Overall good but could be better wrote:

UPLOAD ALL THE VIDEOS PLEASE!!!! Next time I think we should have a age limit because the small kids can't remember as much and the audience can not see them dancing on the stage.

You are right.there should be some age limit for the kids and also they should consider cutting down the vocal and bhajan performances.They were too many and torture for the ears.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11718

Me and my husband really enjoyed the event and food. This year, the food was very delicious compared to last year. Keep it up.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11722

Neither am I a tata member nor I attended the function. Although being a parent of young kid, I strongly feel that such functions provides a platform even to younger kids (and all participants) to get over their stage-fear, be more confident the next time they perform & just have fun and enjoy the moment without being competitive. The participants has to put in a lot of time and energy preparing for the performance (along with the parents & the organizers) and should be applauded for their sheer efforts.

tata member wrote:

You are right.there should be some age limit for the kids and also they should consider cutting down the vocal and bhajan performances.They were too many and torture for the ears.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11729

• A parent
Well ! it is Ugadi what else you want be there ! we should be glad the little kids being in USA and able to catch up those. We should be proud instead of saying it bored.
It is our culture and if we don't respect who else !!

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11731

• viewer
Little kids ? how little is the question and nothing to do with disrespecting culture. These programs take place because we love and respect our culture. We don't have to keep up with boring programs just to respect our culture. How many performances really represent our culture?

A parent wrote:

Well ! it is Ugadi what else you want be there ! we should be glad the little kids being in USA and able to catch up those. We should be proud instead of saying it bored.
It is our culture and if we don't respect who else !!

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 1 week ago #11776

• viewer
If you feel bored and your ears are tortured its better you stay home rather watching such events. Whatelse you expect for Ugadi? It is not easy for teachers to prepare small kids to perform on stage. It takes so much of effort and time for both parents and teachers. I definitely bet that if someone raises a competition between u and kids, the kids will win. Singing slokams and bhajans by such little kids is great! and you have no right to comment them.

There were filmy dances, singing filmy songs and many more.......

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 6 days ago #11778

@Sanju, well said. Its a confident booster for Kids. Its fun for parents to watch their kids perform on stage. Its a huge volunteer effort for the organizers.

Those who have concerns of quality of the program could do many things. Put together a nice program next year. Attend programs that are performed by professionals (Concerts, Hasya Kavi Sammelan, Plays..) to wet your appetite for quality programs. Also, ICMDS arranges professional classical dance/music programs. Basanth Bahar is next Saturday and it is focused on folk dances from India and Hum Sub usually have age limit.

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 6 days ago #11782

• serious observer
viewer wrote:

Little kids ? how little is the question and nothing to do with disrespecting culture. These programs take place because we love and respect our culture. We don't have to keep up with boring programs just to respect our culture. How many performances really represent our culture?

viewer wrote:

If you feel bored and your ears are tortured its better you stay home rather watching such events. Whatelse you expect for Ugadi? It is not easy for teachers to prepare small kids to perform on stage. It takes so much of effort and time for both parents and teachers. I definitely bet that if someone raises a competition between u and kids, the kids will win. Singing slokams and bhajans by such little kids is great! and you have no right to comment them.

Are you the same viewer who stated both the statements above?In first statement you talk about not to keep up with boring programs and in other statement you talk about performing slokams and bhajans is great.If you are the same person then why is that you have two sided opinions?

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 6 days ago #11791

• viewer_original_11731
SEriousobserver you are really serious. I am original viewer with message number 11731, Some desi guy came and posted contrasting views by using same id and confused you.

@Viewer with message Number - 11776 Next time please don't post with existing nick, you posted quite patriotic and passionate message but simply failed to observe basic norm of forum posting. Take is easy,Chilll :lol:

serious observer wrote:

viewer wrote:

viewer wrote:

Are you the same viewer who stated both the statements above?In first statement you talk about not to keep up with boring programs and in other statement you talk about performing slokams and bhajans is great.If you are the same person then why is that you have two sided opinions?

Re:TATA ugadi 2011 videos 13 years 3 days ago #11835

• horrible
Message removed because of foul language.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds