• Page:

TOPIC: HumSub Basant Bahar 2009

HumSub Basant Bahar 2009 15 years 1 month ago #101

Hey Guys,

I atteneded the Basant Bahar yesterday. I didnt get to see all the performances but the ones I saw was amazing. Folk dances from different states of India were performed. They were colourful and well performed. Reminds us the True Indian Folk culture.

I liked the Rajasthani dance. A kids group(of 16 kids ) dance was very good with colourful dressess.

Any one who has attend this event please share your thoughts or pictures in this forum.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.

Re:HumSub Basant Bahar 15 years 1 month ago #102

I was there and liked the program very much. The folk music are usually simple and rhythemic and it evokes Indian feelings.

I enjoyed the program from Uttar Pradesh team. It was hillarious with lots of turns and twists. Performers were are all in their 40's and 50's (or I felt so) and very fun loving. They had a bride in the center and sourrounded by all women singing and dancing. The bridge groom is old with grey hair. He is druken and barges in with friends and continue to drink. The old bride groom (budda) open the chunari (saree on her head) with great anticipation and finds that she is ugly (actually it is a guy) and starts running. I have attaced a photo where bride groom is drinking from bottle!!!

The Rajasthani swing dance was very rhythemic and pleasing.

The food arrangments were great. We could sit and eat peacefully. I felt like attending a well arraged marriage. The food itself was tasty. The quantity was very less and others also felt the same.
Attachments:

Re:HumSub Basant Bahar 15 years 1 month ago #104

Here is a picture from Rajastani team. Nice dance with very pleasing music.

Thanks
Vishwa
Attachments:

Re:HumSub Basant Bahar 15 years 1 month ago #115

• Komal
Hi All,

I have this video to share with all of you. Enjoy this video of the Hum Sub team.

Re:HumSub Basant Bahar 15 years 3 weeks ago #144

Basant Bahar was a very pleasant experience.

Here are the couple of dance videos choreographed by me.

Re:HumSub Basant Bahar 15 years 3 weeks ago #145

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds