• Page:

TOPIC: Chimney Rock State Park

Chimney Rock State Park 14 years 9 months ago #931

Address
Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
431 Main St.
Chimney Rock, NC 28720

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Business:(828) 625-9611
Fax:(828) 625-9610
Toll Free U.S.- (800) 277-9611

[url]Description[/url]
Choose your own adventure at Chimney Rock. Whether you want a leisurely stroll, a challenging hike, something fun and interactive for the kids or guided rock climbing instruction for some real high adventure, you'll find it here. Breathtaking views that stretch for 75 miles, 404ft Hickory Nut Falls and one-of-a-kind geologic formations make Chimney Rock much more than a rock; its a mountain of possibilities. Our 26-story elevator, built inside the mountain, makes the views accessible for all. The Parks towering cliffs and waterfall were the backdrop for many scenes in the 1992 movie The Last of the Mohicans. Just 25 miles southeast of Asheville.

Visit http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/index.php

* Planning your visit
* Places to stay, eat, shop
* Things to do
* What's up at the rock
* and more

For directions : http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/visit/rates/directions.php

The chimney rock

The Chimney Rock Falls

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Chimney Rock State Park 14 years 9 months ago #935

• Gurpreet Bhinder
I have been here before, its a very nice park. The view from the Chimney is amazing. They also have a trail that leads to a waterfall (forgot the name). Dont go without your shorts and sneakers :-)
Liked this park better than Biltmore estate which is also in the same area.

Re:Chimney Rock State Park 14 years 7 months ago #2156

• ap
Definitely recommend going to Chimney Rock. The hike is great. The views are great. And standing under the Hickory Nut Falls felt wonderful after the hike!:)

Re:Chimney Rock State Park 14 years 7 months ago #2172

Gurpreet and Ap,

I agree, its a very nice park and I also felt it is better than biltmore estate. I coudnt go on hiking when I visited Chimney.

Can 7 year old boy trek to hickory falls? I plan to go with my son and I am wondering whether he can hike with me.

Thanks
Satish

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds